PD Passport and Organizational Learning
Personal PD Passport
The Personal PD Passport gives you access to exclusive discounts that will help you meet your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) commitments.
Passport perks include:
- save up to 30% on select seminars and on demand courses
- the ability to use your passport toward CPA Ontario conference
- 30% savings on subsequent purchases (of select courses) after the original passport balance is used
How Personal PD Passport works?
The 2024 Personal PD Passport is $1237.35.
- You will have $1237.35 in passport credit to use on CPA Ontario's offerings for professional development.
- When you register for a course, the price will be debited from the passport credit.
- When you’ve used up all your passport credit, you can still save up to 30% on seminars and select on demand courses for the rest of the time the passport is valid.
The 2024 Personal PD Passport is valid for use for programs taking place from January 1, 2024 to December 31, 2024.
Note: If you are interested in specific courses, please check the pricing list before purchasing a Personal PD Passport to ensure the courses you are interested in are eligible for Passport pricing.
Organization PD Passport
Organizational Passport can be used by different people, for different courses, at different times or it can be used all at once for a single course (6 different people taking the same course).
The total credit equates to approximately six full days of learning and a savings of 35% off public pricing and 20% off member pricing on selected programs.
How to purchase an Organizational PD Passport
The Organizational PD Passport is valid from January 1, 2024 to December 31, 2024.
As your company's designated organizational passport administrator
To purchase an Organizational Passport, you must be your company's designated organizational passport administrator.
- Log in to your account and select "PD Passport" in the left navigation.
- The page that appears (titled "PD Passports") will display any current passports that you have already purchased.
- Click the “Purchase a Passport” button to continue.
- On the following page titled “Purchase Passport” if you do not see the option to purchase the Organizational Passport in the drop-down menu at the bottom of the page, follow the steps indicated on that page to learn how to become your company’s designated administrator.
If you don’t have a CPA Ontario ID
If you don’t have a CPA Ontario ID (you are not a CPA Ontario member or student), you will need to create an account.
- Click "Create an Account".
- Complete the form to create a public account.
- When finished you will receive an email containing your CPA Ontario ID number.
- Email our PD events team with the following information:
- CPA Ontario ID
- Firm ID (if known)
- Company Name
- Company Mailing Address
Create a culture of learning in your organization. Get training that is relevant to the CPA profession and your employees. Take advantage of discounted group rates and training that fits your schedule.
We can work directly with your organization to produce learning experiences custom-made to your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions about PD Passport and Organizational Learning
How long are the PD Passports valid?
The 2024 Personal PD Passport and Organizational PD Passport are valid from January 1, 2024 until December 31, 2024.
Any unused balance will need to be used by the expiry date. There are no credits or refunds for balances outstanding after the expiry date.
How do I check the balance on my Personal PD Passport?
Members can check the balance on their PD Passports by logging into the PD Portal and using the drop down next to your name to select “My Orders & Invitations”. Your passport balance will display in the upper right hand corner.
How can I register a colleague for a professional development event using my Organizational PD Passport?
Login to the PD Portal to see the appropriate pricing for your profile. Once you have selected the course you want to purchase using your Organizational PD Passport.
- Click on Enrol Now ► Add to Cart .
- Click on the Shopping Cart icon ► select “Add This Item for a Guest” ► Enter the First Name, Last Name and CPA Ontario ID.
- Click on “Continue to Check Out”, then “Continue to Payment”, then “Place Order”.
Please note: The Organizational Passport discount is available to you and your colleagues but only one person (the Administrator) can register people. Please survey your colleagues and sign them up for their desired courses. This passport will work only for courses scheduled between January 1-December 31 of the year of purchase.
Can the Personal and Organizational PD Passports for professional development be refunded?
The Organizational and Personal PD Passports are non-refundable.
Personal PD Passport is valid from January 1, 2024 to December 31, 2024.
The Organizational Passport will be valid from January 1, 2024 to December 31, 2024. Please note, PD hours can only be counted in the year that they are taken.
Any unused balance will need to be used by the expiry date.
How do Organizational PD Passports work?
Organizational PD Passports are designed to be used by multiple individuals from the same organization for professional development (PD). It can be used by anyone in your organization, including non-members (for example, non-CPAs on the team who may benefit from some leadership training could use part of this passport for their training). Registration and withdrawal are centrally managed by an organizational passport administrator. If you would like to purchase an Organizational PD Passport contact customer service to be added an organizational passport administrator.
Are all professional development seminars and on demand courses discounted with the Organizational PD Passport?
Most seminars and select on demand courses are eligible for the Organizational PD Passport discount. Organizational Passport prices are listed on event pages for an organization passport administrators.
Can I register a guest with my Personal PD Passport?
No, Personal PD Passports for professional development are non-transferable and can only be used by the original purchaser.
Why doesn't my passport payment include HST?
HST is not charged on PD Passports. HST will be charged on programs purchased with the PD Passport.