As AI transforms business, the role of CPAs will change with it.
Accounting professionals are well positioned to be the company's business advisor and take a holistic view of the organization as it adopts new technologies. The ability to assess a business case for AI and guide its implementation is a valuable skill.
This intro-level course is designed by a CPA for CPAs. It takes a practical view of AI applications that are in the market today, providing you with an understanding of how AI works and what it takes to get useful results.
NOTE: The course contains instructions on how to get started with R. R is free and open source, but to use it you must have a desktop computer or laptop where you can download and install software. If you are using a company-issued computer that forbids software installation, you may need to find an alternative.
No prior programming or AI experience is required.
By going through this course, you will gain:
- Confidence to get involved in an AI project
- Advice on how to make an organization AI ready
- An awareness of regulations, data bias and privacy issues which are increasingly problematic with AI
- The ability to ask critical questions about the training data in any given AI application
- Tips on "red flags" to look for when working with an AI vendor
- An understanding of how statistics underlie AI
- Basic familiarity with R, a programming language commonly used in AI
WHO WILL BENEFIT
This course is ideal for CPAs who would like to:
- Increase their knowledge of AI
- Develop their ability to work with data science/AI teams and vendors
- Get a sense of what it's like to use R