Dates and location
Dates and location
This course will reveal the seven secrets to creating awesome financial presentations that accountants never learn. And best of all, they are simple techniques that you can implement right away.
We'll start with the most important recommendation: simplify your slides.
Next is focus on the design. You'll learn why you should avoid using the built-in templates with bullet points that come with PowerPoint. We'll discuss the importance of font styles, the essential rule of three, and more.
Next is the importance of using a colour palette. Ignore this one at your peril. It's one of the main reasons why many presentations look awful.
Next is how to revolutionize your slides with images, transitions, and video. I'll show you how to get millions of free, and paid, stock images and video to use in your next presentation.
Next is how to make great tables. Find out how to make your numbers easy to read.
And then there is a substantial section on how to show numerical information in graphs so you can get your message across while keeping your audience engaged.
Last is the importance of telling stories. Everyone likes a story so if you want their attention, this is what you need to do.
By the end of this course, participants will:
- Learn the key to effective presentations: simplify them
- Find out where to get free and paid images and videos to use
- Become familiar with all the types of graphs you can create
- Discover how to integrate Excel graphs with PowerPoint and Keynote
- Find out the best way to present numbers in tables
- Get key tips from presentation masters including Steve Jobs and Ken Burns
- Get free PowerPoint and Keynote templates including the presentation slides
- Receive several free colour palettes
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
Individuals wishing to improve their financial presentations.
How to Access The Course
This is an online session. This course is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Once registered, you can access the material at any time.
However, you will only have access to the course for 30 days after REGISTRATION.
To access the course please visit our BlackBoard site, and log-in using the same login and password used for the Registration Portal.
- Please allow up to 15 minutes after registration for the course to appear on your BlackBoard page.
Registration, cancellation, withdrawal and all other CPA Ontario PD Seminar policies can be found here.
David Trahair, CPA, CA, is a financial writer, trainer and best-selling author. His other books include Smoke and Mirrors, Enough Bull, Crushing Debt, and The Procrastinator’s Guide to Retirement. His views are totally independent because he does not sell any financial products. He currently operates his own financial training firm and offers seminars to organizations.