The world is undergoing a digital transformation that is driven by the rapid advancement of artificial intelligence (AI) and other digital technologies. These technologies create new opportunities and challenges for individuals, organizations, and societies, requiring new skills and competencies to harness their potential and address their implications. This program will help you stay competitive in the fast-paced and dynamic digital landscape by recognizing your transferrable skill sets as a CPA and enabling you to play new, value-added roles in digital transformation journeys.
This program, created by CPA Ontario in partnership with renowned industry experts, will equip you with the knowledge and skills to master digital technologies and governance in the age of AI. You will learn about the fundamental concepts, principles, and applications of 14 generative AI including ChatGPT, and 6 digital technologies, such as blockchain and cloud computing. You will also explore the various approaches and best practices for governing AI and data, such as regulation, standards, codes of conduct, and multi-stakeholder collaboration.
The program equips CPAs with the relevant skills to adapt to the evolving financial landscape, leveraging automation, detecting anomalies, optimizing efficiency, and ensuring ethical and compliant use of AI in financial decision-making. Having a better understanding of how new and emerging technologies could be applied to enhance systems and controls and embracing digital comptrollership functions, CPAs can contribute to organizations' progress towards digital transformation, from developing strategies to enhancing trust with automated processes and outputs.
This certificate program is scheduled to launch on March 31st, 2024.
Presale - Save 20% on your registration. Act fast, the sale ends March 31st, 2024 at midnight. Access the sale by logging into your account.
Speak to an Advisor
To speak to an advisor, please fill out this form.
Digital Transformation and Generative AI: An Introduction
- Impacts of digital transformation on organizations
- Canadian small and medium enterprises are going digital
- Introduction to Generative AI
- Safe use of Generative AI
Choosing the Right Generative AI Tool
- Introduction to ChatGPT
- Choosing the right Generative AI tool: Introduction, Key Features and Capabilities, Technical Overview, Use Cases and Applications and Pricing for the below tools:
- AutoGPT, AgentGPT, Copilot
- Character.ai, DALL-E, Trinka
- Stable Diffusion, Runway, Adobe Firefly
- Murf, Perplexity.io, Bard
- ElevenLabs, Deepswap, Jukebox
- Midjourney, OtterAI, SeeingAI
- Ava, Knibble, Upword
- Respeecher, Hify, Jasper.ai, Copy.ai
Introduction to Digital Technologies
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Data Analytics
- Cloud Computing
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Understanding data value chains
- Creating high quality data
- Corporate data policy and its elements
- Fundamentals of Data Valuation
- Introduction to Privacy Regulation (Canadian federal and Ontario legal frameworks and General Data Protection Regulation)
- Introduction to AI Regulation (Canadian federal legislation and EU AI Act)
- Introduction to Data Ethics (Open Data Institute, Data Ethics Canva and Data Ethics Questionnaire)
Our new collection of digital badges can be earned through the completion of any of our certificate programs offered in our professional development catalogue. Collect these digital badges to add to your website, social profiles, email signature and more. These badges are an easy way to visually communicate your skills and accomplishments to your peers and network. Digital badges will be awarded based on course completion requirements.
CPAs working in business, finance and audit services who are interested in providing value-added services in support of digital transformation and digital governance-related services. CPAs in these roles have the opportunity to pivot away from the risks of automation by actively upskilling in the areas of digital technologies and digital governance. Examples of professionals who would benefit from this course include:
- VP, Finance
- Senior VP, Finance and Accounting
- Finance Directors
- Portfolio Managers
- Senior Auditors