Practice principled decision-making in the face of ethically challenging situations.
This comprehensive CPA Ontario course provides the context and tools when considering business ethics in workplace dilemmas. You will examine the impact of ethical behaviour on your company's bottom line and its stakeholders. Assess tough ethical issues that employees at all levels of an organization may face in fulfilling their duties.
The course considers the unique position of the professional accountant and provides a framework to use when addressing unethical situations at work. You will examine case studies and use the framework to determine the best course of action. Objectives include personal growth and career development, reduced risk of unethical?behaviour, and improved overall performance in your organization.
There will be a final quiz to test your knowledge at the end of the course.
WHY TAKE THE COURSE
- Learn to apply a framework to deal with unethical situations and how to make complex business decisions.
- Refresh and apply knowledge on theories relating to ethical and moral practices in accounting.
- Gain an understanding of the return on investment of ethical behaviour in the workplace and ways to promote it.
- Understand the return on investment of ethical behaviour
- Apply a framework to deal with unethical situations
- Use the framework when making complex business decisions
- Identify techniques to promote ethical behaviour in the workplace
WHO WILL BENEFIT
CPAs at any position or level in an organization, and especially those who hold leadership positions.
The views expressed in the course are non-authoritative and have not been formally endorsed by CPA Ontario and do not reflect the views of CPA Ontario. The information included in the course is for general information purposes only.
CPA Ontario, the presenters and the authors do not accept any responsibility or liability that might occur directly or indirectly as a consequence of the use or application of or reliance on this material.
Arun Mathur, FCPA/FCA, is the owner and lead instructor at UltimQuest Knowledge Inc., offering corporate training on improving governance, ethics, internal control, fraud prevention, KPI and related topics. He provides live and online training through CPA bodies across Canada and Bermuda.