Dates and location
Dates and location
This event includes 30 minutes of Ethics CPD
NOTE: This course description has been revised and reflects updates for 2022. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
The business of agricultural production is becoming increasingly complex and CPA Canada has recently approved a new ASPE standard dealing specifically with the unique characteristics of Agricultural production. This course will highlight the key aspects of the new Canadian ASPE accounting standard for agriculture as it applies to the unique characteristics of agricultural inventories and productive biological assets. This course will provide practical examples and guidance regarding the recognition and measurement of these agricultural assets.
This course offers a detailed review and analysis of the new ASPE agriculture standard (3041) dealing specifically with agricultural inventories and productive biological assets. The course will present a number of factors for consideration in making a policy choice on to how to recognize and measure agricultural inventories and will discuss the implications of each policy choice. A detailed review of the standard as it applies to productive biological assets will be presented and the seminar will enable participants to apply the presentation and disclosure requirements of the new ASPE agriculture standard.
Participants should be familiar with the existing accounting standards as presented in other ASPE handbook sections including:
- Financial Statement Concepts, section 1000
- Accounting Changes, section 1506
- Inventories, section 3031
- Asset Retirement Obligations, section 3110
- The purpose and scope of the new ASPE agriculture standard
- The measurement of agriculture inventories including the description and explanation of the associated policy choices of the Cost model and the Net Realizable Value model concerning measurement of such inventories
- The measurement of productive biological assets, including when it is appropriate to amortize such assets and/or recognize the impairment of them
- Detailed presentation of the presentation and disclosure requirements of these unique assets
- Presentation of the effective date and the transitional requirements of the new ASPE agriculture standard
- Comprehensive example to demonstrate the above with emphasis on the issue of basic stock option that are most commonly seen
- Identify the scope and purpose of this new section
- Recognize the multi-layered accounting policy choices for dealing with the recognition and measurement of agricultural inventories and understand the considerations in making these choices
- Identify the new standard requirements for recognition and measurement of productive biological assets and how to deal with them if and when they become impaired or non-productive
- Apply the transitional rules associated with the initial adoption of this new standard
- Comply with the presentation and disclosure requirements of both agricultural inventories and productive biological assets
WHO WILL BENEFIT
This course is intended for the following groups of professionals:
- Practitioners dealing with private enterprise agricultural producers
- Financial professionals involved with private enterprise agricultural producers
- Practitioners and financial professionals wishing to enhance their understanding of the relevancy and application of the new ASPE standard relating to Agriculture
How to Access The Course
This is an online session. This course is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Once registered, you can access the material at any time.
However, you will only have access to the course for 30 days after REGISTRATION.
To access the course please visit our BlackBoard site, and log-in using the same login and password used for the Registration Portal.
Please allow up to 15 minutes after registration for the seminar to appear on your BlackBoard page.
Registration, cancellation, withdrawal and all other CPA Ontario PD policies can be found here.