Explore the technical, ethical and interpersonal skills needed to stay agile and adapt to change.
C-suite executives are relying on their finance leaders during these times of unprecedented change in digital technologies and changing workforce trends. It is increasingly important for organizations to operate at peak levels of performance to succeed. Participants will explore the technical, ethical and interpersonal skills they need to master and sustain change, and help their organizations stay agile and more easily adapt to change.
This program fosters a high energy, interactive learning environment. Activities consist of a combination of cases, exercises, tool kits, lively discussions, as well as networking and sharing experiences. Your active participation will be required throughout the program. Come prepared for a unique experience that will move you towards realizing your full CFO potential. Allow us to guide you on your journey.
- Learn through interactive activities and collaborate on cases, exercises, discussions, while networking with peers.
- Explore the role of CEOs and CFOs as change leaders and the importance of your personal brand.
- Gain an understanding of best practices for enabling the finance team to maximize its impact and improve strategic initiatives.
- The CFO as leader
- Governance, risk management aspects of organizational transformation
- Shifting organizational priorities: thinking ahead of the curve
- Defining CFO success: what it takes to get there and stay there
- Drivers of change
- Personal integrity and ethics
- Analytics and performance improvement
- Leading within and outside the finance function
Other Available Session
- Session for October 27th available here.
Speak to an Advisor
To speak to an advisor, please fill out this form.
- Day One: March 20, 2024, 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Day Two: March 21, 2024, 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Day Three: March 22, 2024, 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Day Four: March 25, 2024, 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Day Five: March 26, 2024, 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Day Six: March 27, 2024, 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the roles of CEOs and CFOs as change leaders and outline the required competencies for these roles.
- Explain what a personal brand is and outline best practices for communicating your personal brand.
- Explain how stakeholder analysis and mapping can be used to improve relationship management with stakeholders.
- Outline best practices for enabling the finance team to maximize its business impact and improve an organization's strategic initiatives and decision making.
- List the barriers many organizations face in leveraging data for more informed decision making and practical steps you can take to remove those barriers.
- Outline the CPA Code of Professional Conduct and describe best practices for complying with the code.
- Create a finance agenda that enables a successful digital transformation plan.
Our new collection of digital badges can be earned through the completion of any of our certificate programs offered in our professional development catalogue. Collect these digital badges to add to your website, social profiles, email signature and more. These badges are an easy way to visually communicate your skills and accomplishments to your peers and network. Digital badges will be awarded based on course completion requirements.
This program is designed for aspiring, new and experienced CFOs focused on the continued development of specific in-demand skills and competencies required to lead from the top.
Any pre-reading or course work to be completed prior to the program will be emailed to you in advance of the program start. Please ensure your email address is up-to-date.
Registration, cancellation, withdrawal and all other CPA Ontario PD policies can be found here.
Barbara A. Palmegiani, B. Comm., FCPA, FCMA is a Partner and National CFO & Controllership Services Leader for BDO Canada. BDO is a leading provider of professional services to clients across Canada and beyond. Future proofing organizations has been her focus and passion for several years, as a trusted advisor to her clients. Now, joining forces with BDO, she leads a team with the talent and resources to modernize finance departments and fill the whitespace that many BODs, CEOs, Business Owners, CFOs and Controllers are currently challenged with. For over 25 years, Barbara has been a part-time educator; for CPA Ontario as a session leader for the CPA Certification Program, and a developer and facilitator of executive development workshops for Controllers and CFO’s.
Marie Campagna, FCPA, FCMA has over 40 years of progressive experience in the public and private sectors, has driven a strong track record of results, execution excellence, and improved operational efficiency while supporting patient care/client needs and the values of the organization. Her career has been rooted in finance and operational support and spanned many sectors including healthcare, automotive, logistics and pharmaceuticals. In her various CFO and VP finance roles, Marie provided strategic leadership to Finance, Contract Management, Procurement, Information Technology, Strategy & Planning, Research, New Business Development, Risk Management, Facilities and Hospitality Services. Marie holds a CPA (CMA) designation, a Masters in Business Administration from the University of Windsor, and is a Fellow and life member of the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario.